Akemi was raised by her single mother. When Kayo Hinazuki was still young, Akemi's husband would physically abuse her. Because of this, her mother forced her to divorce him. After that, she raised Kayo as a single parent and often took out her frustrations on her. After her abusive nature was revealed, Kayo was taken to live with her grandmother and her parental rights were taken away.
- The name Akemi means "bright" (明) (ake) and "beautiful" (美) (mi).
- Akemi's surname Hinazuki means "chick, squab, duckling, doll" (雛) (hina) and "moon" (月) (zuki).
- After Kayo Hinazuki was taken into custody by her grandmother, here is what may have happened to Akemi:
- She was possibly arrested and spending her time getting the help she needs and giving her the chance to change
- Akemi shares similarities to Dee Dee Blanchard (which was released a year after Blanchard's death)
- They both abuse their daughters
- They both are liars
- They are both obsessed with their daughters
|Male||Gaku • Hiromi • Jun • Kazu • Kenya • Mirai • Osamu • Satoru • Takahashi • Sawada • Yashiro's Brother|
|Female||Airi • Akemi • Aya • Kayo • Kumi • Misato • Sachiko|